Are you a Healthcare Worker or
First Responder in Colorado affected by the COVID-19 crisis?
Have you been experiencing any of the following symptoms of Acute Stress...
- Feeling suddenly panicked?
- Dreading going to work?
- Unwanted, disturbing thoughts or memories of your work?
- Feeling inexplicably tense or wound up?
- Avoiding memories, thoughts, or feelings related to your job duties?
- Feeling frightened, as if something awful is about to happen?
- Feeling irritable, cut off or isolated from those around you?
- Difficulty concentrating or sleeping?
- Trouble feeling happiness or pleasure?
Breakout is offering Brief Acute Stress Intervention or “Breakout Sessions” to help healthcare workers manage the personal impact of COVID-19 during these difficult, demanding times. All Breakout Sessions are being offered free of charge. You do so much to care for your patients and communities, let us care for you as well.
What is a "Breakout Session," and
how can it help?
The goal of a Breakout Session is to provide rapid relief for people experiencing the symptoms of Acute Stress.
A Breakout Session IS:
· A somatic-sensory stabilization intervention to help reduce the symptoms of Acute Stress by changing how vividly and emotionally charged an experience is stored in the brain. When the events are thought about in the future, they feel more like “just memories” without the previously associated distressing emotions and somatic symptoms.
· An individual stabilization intervention conducted within an online group of 4-8 people. It is similar to how a yoga or meditation class allows individuals to move through their own individual experience within a group setting. This enables us to serve more people in less time than individual sessions.
· An intervention provided by a licensed mental health therapist that utilizes a stress stabilization technique that has been used in various crisis situations throughout the world.
A Breakout Session is NOT: